Sunday, March 13, 2016

In Memoriam: My Rendition of This Little Light of Mine #DStrong

Soulful Sunday KNOWSY Readers, how is your weekend going? Have you enjoyed the incredibly warm days this past week, with temperatures having reached into the upper 60's F, low 70's F in some areas?!? In March?!? Amazing! Yes, as I look at my phone and see the time and temperature, (Remember to have Sprung Forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time!), the temperature right now is lower than what we experienced, 42 degrees F, more in line what we usually expect this time of year, but the day appears to be sunny! We will take it!

Now for today's post, for those of you who are my regular readers, you may have already read last week's post called: #DStrong #NancyReagan #RIP, that was a special edition post, one which is not my normal content shared, however, it was one which I felt important enough to warrant inclusion.
#DStrong, for those who may NOT know, was and is still a "social" movement created by Chris and Melissa Murray inspired by their 8 year old son Dorian Murray, who sadly on March 8, 2016 lost his valiant battle against a rare form of cancer. This little boy's one wish was to become famous before he "goes to Heaven", all the way to China. Well he succeeded!

Today as I was looking at my Facebook feed, a friend shared a post from the Westerly, Rhode Island Police Department with this beautiful image:


I too have been inspired by this little boy and his passing, and as mentioned had already written one post for my blog. As soon as I heard about his death, the first thing that came to mind was this particular Gospel song called "This Little Light of Mine". I know that many songs will be sung for Dorian, I wanted to share one which I felt definitely personifies his spirit! I created new verses and recorded this first on Periscope and then transferred it onto YouTube, since all broadcasts are only saved for 24 hours on Periscope.
Please Note the video is over 7 minutes long, the song begins around the 3 minute mark.



 
Alright my KNOWSY Readers, let's all keep the #DStrong movement alive and well! Remember Life is Short, we do not know how much time we have on this Earth, let's make it Count!

No comments: