Now onto the actual topic, which is the ongoing (10 week) series brought to you by DailyFinance.com and written by Brian O'Connor, finding ways to cut down the monthly household budget.
The $1,000 Challenge, Part 7: Don't Spend Less on Entertainment - Spend Smart
- Week 1 - Miscellaneous Spending: $132.89
- Week 2 - Utilities and Phones: $139.39
- Week 3 - Transportation Costs: $41.61
- Week 4 - Kid Costs: $114.50
- Week 5 - Work Costs: $90
- Week 6 - Personal Spending: $104
- Week 7 - Entertainment: $108
Total Monthly Savings: $730.39
- Follow Brian: On Facebook, on Twitter and on his blog.
- Read Brian's columns in The Detroit News.
- Buy the Book: Discount orders on "The $1,000 Challenge."