Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 2011: There will Be Changes

Happy New Year "KNOWS"Y Readers, I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's Eve, ringing out a rather difficult and tumultuous 2010 and celebrating the start of a brand new year, 2011!

On a personal note, as the title of this posts states, my "mantra" this year is: There Will Be Changes! Now I thought quite a bit about what affirmation/mantra/saying I wanted to use as a touchstone, if you will, similar to many others New Years resolutions. Many folks generally make the same ones year after year. Myself, I chose to state, There Will Be Changes versus there must be changes, primarily because if you state an obvious saying as "there must be", this does not necessarily mean that there will be. However, by choosing the affirmative of "There Will Be", one is making a definitive decision as to an idea or outlook.

As I stated previously, 2010 was a very difficult and trying year, a year filled with economic hardships, as well as personal challenges.
It is because of these situations that I state: There Will Be Changes.
Many times, even with the best of intentions, we find ourselves, doing the exact same things to get a different outcome without any success - now is that not the definition of insanity?
Therefore, I am making an affirmitive decision, dare I say promise, that: There Will Be Changes.

It is a brand new year, a year filled with all the hopes and dreams and expectations for a happy, healthy, and yes Wealthy (ok, not necessarily Bill Gates/Oprah Winfrey wealthy - but enough so one can actually enjoy life!) 2011!

Once again Happy New Year!!

No comments: