Monday, July 11, 2016

Let There Be Peace

Mindful Monday KNOWSY Readers, and what is on my mind? Well, as you probably can guess,  the physical and emotional state of this country, and dare I say, the world as a whole, which is grieving the loss of innocent lives due to the separate shootings these last few weeks.
Originally I had planned on posting my thoughts, again a departure of the primary focus of my blog, however, as I have said before, I will try to provide information that I believe will "help" your lives, even if it is in a small way and not exactly in a "monetary" way, right after the tragic event in Orlando, Florida, I did post on my personal Facebook page one of the two items which I will be sharing today.

Right after the mass shooting in Orlando, the first thing which came to my mind is a prayer which I have both recited and sung since I was a child, it is called the Prayer of St. Francis, also known as the Peace Prayer.



Today we hear of yet another shooting, this time in a courthouse in Michigan, and grieve for the deaths of the Police Officers last week in Dallas. This prayer, in its simplicity truly enlightens one with its message. The simple truth is: "Peace begins with me", if every person were to try and be "at Peace", first within themselves, then so much of the "madness", which seems to be ever growing on a daily basis, would not occur. Yes, I do realize this is easier said than done, however, if we wish to believe that a better future is in store for the generations to come than it is one's personal responsibility to "Make Peace", the moment one is at peace, there will be no misunderstanding, which can lead to anger, which can lead to acts of violence, on the contrary, when one is at peace, there is harmony.

As I mentioned before, this particular prayer can also be sung, I was trying to decide which video to include, I decided to go with one which simply includes the lyrics, no other images. Yes, I could have included videos from more well known artists, both Susan Boyle and Sinead O'Connor have versions of this song, but since the message of these words both spoken and sung, truly need to be heard (and seen) I chose a version with a young singer, a child.


Alright my KNOWSY Readers, I sincerely hope this prayer and song will give you some form of hope and enlightenment, if so, PLEASE do Share It, and as the title of my post: Let There Be Peace!
 

No comments: